Just Ask Terry

Just Ask Terry
Click to Ask Terry YOUR Question!

I have recently started to experience ringing in my right ear.

Q. Dear Terry, “I have recently started to experience ringing in my right ear.  I went to the ear doctor and had them checked out. According to the doctor both ears checked out just fine; however, I am still experiencing the ringing.  Is there anything I can take that might help?  I am 71 years old and in good health.” — Gloria N., Ontario, Canada

A. Dear Gloria, The term “tinnitus” refers to a ringing, swishing, or other type of noise that seems to originate in the ear or head. Nearly 36 million Americans suffer from this disorder. Common causes of tinnitus include nerve damage, the aging process, use of certain medications, and exposure to loud noise, among others. In the majority of cases, tinnitus is considered a nuisance that eventually resolves.

However, if you are still experiencing some ringing, I would first recommend adding a high quality Ginkgo biloba formula to your daily regimen. A potent antioxidant, Ginkgo biloba helps toprotect cells against damaging free radicals. In addition, it’s also capable of increasing the oxygen carrying capacity in the blood and reducing swelling. Look for a Ginkgo biloba formula that is standardized to contain 24% ginkgoflavonglycosides and 6% terpene lactones. I recommend taking 120 mg twice daily.

If the ringing is not gone within a week or two of taking Ginkgo biloba, there are some wonderful homeopathic products specific to tinnitus that you may want to consider.

Healthy Regards!

Terry . . . Naturally

Website by Webfitters