Just Ask Terry

Just Ask Terry
Click to Ask Terry YOUR Question!

I have gallbladder problems. What do you recommend?

Dear Terry, “I have gallbladder problems. What do you recommend?” — Cindee V., Shreveport, LA

Dear Cindee, Your gallbladder is located under the liver. Its job is to store and concentrate bile produced in the liver. Bile aids in the digestion of fats, and is released from the gallbladder into the upper small intestine in response to food, especially fats.

When it comes to gallbladder issues, I often recommend artichoke leaf extract. In fact, Germany’s Commission E approves the use of artichoke extract for liver and gallbladder complaints.

However, I would first recommend consulting further with your healthcare practitioner prior to taking to determine if you have a blocked bile duct. While artichoke leaf extract is generally considered safe and is well tolerated, you should not take it if you have a blocked bile duct because it may worsen symptoms. If a blocked bile duct is ruled out, I would recommend taking 320-640 mg of artichoke extract with each meal.

Healthy Regards!

Terry . . . Naturally

Website by Webfitters