Just Ask Terry

Just Ask Terry
Click to Ask Terry YOUR Question!

I am a 68 year old male who is experiencing erectile dysfunction (ED).

Q. Dear Terry, “I am a 68 year old male who is experiencing erectile dysfunction (ED). I have already tried prescription medications, but they don’t seem to be helping. Are there any natural products that may help?” — D.B., Chicago, IL

A. Dear D.B., I do have some options that I believe can make a difference. However, I strongly encourage you to discuss the use of dietary supplementation with your physician, as they may have additional input regarding a supplement regimen.

You may want to consider adding maca, a root plant from the highlands of the Andes Mountains, to your daily regimen. Maca can have an impact on energy, mood and stamina, as well as enhance sexual performance. I suggest taking 1,500-4,500 mg of organic whole maca root extract daily.

When looking for maca, be wary – lots of companies are making claims about “special” forms of maca. However, I think maca is best when in the form used in the ancient Andes cultures–nothing altered or manipulated. I think this form far and away has the most powerful effects. Some other things to consider when purchasing maca: Is it whole root? Organic? Clinically studied? A “yes” answer to all these questions indicates a high quality product.

You may also want to consider a botanical called Long Jack (Eurycoma longifolia). Also known as Tongkat Ali, it’s a tall, slender shrub-like tree native to Southeast Asia. I suggest taking 25-50 mg of Long Jack daily.

Healthy Regards!

Terry . . . Naturally

Website by Webfitters